Monday, April 4, 2011

Faith of the Fallen, Terry Goodkind

Full review here

Yes, I have yet to put up the review for the last installment or two in this series, but I just finished this one and wanted to put up the review right away.

To be honest, I was growing tired of this series. Fiction requires a certain "willing suspension of disbelief," and by book six I was becoming unwilling to buy into this story. So I was delighted that this novel was so unexpectedly amazing.

Faith of the Fallen was probably one of my favorites of the series so far. The military campaigns were genuinely exciting and made for great reading. Life portrayed under the Order was interesting Richard's efforts to show them what freedom means-- to show them that their lives are their own-- was heart stirring.

I litterally tingled with excitement as the novel sped to the powerful conclusion. It's been a long time since the end of a nove brought a tear to my eye, and this novel managed to do it.

4 1/2 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment